by Janet Porter
With the nations gathering in Copenhagen for their Climate Change Conference, I'm going to perform a little science experiment.
It's based on what Al Gore said in his "Inconvenient Truth": The polar ice caps will melt sending 20-plus-foot flood waves into coastal cities worldwide. Something Grant Jeffrey, author of "Shadow Government," informed me on last week's Faith2Action program that apparently even Al Gore himself doesn't believe:
"Did you know that he bought a property in San Francisco near Fisherman's Wharf, only four feet from the ocean? I would say that if he believed that the seas were going to rise 23 feet, he would not have invested a great deal of money in such a property.
As I write this, I have a glass of water with ice filled to the very top sitting on my desk. Actually, it's sitting on a paper towel on my desk – to catch (and record) any overflow. If Al Gore is right, when the ice in the glass melts, there will be an overflow of water all over my desk – spilling onto my keyboard and preventing me from finishing this column. Stay tuned for the results.
The problem with Gore's theory, as explained by another guest on my F2A program yesterday, is something called the "Archimedes Principle: when a less dense solid like ice melts in a liquid like water, the liquid level drops."
Another experiment (I've already tried) is an unopened can of Pepsi in the freezer. See how long before it explodes and you have to clean your entire freezer. It would appear that Pepsi expands when it freezes, as well, not contracts.
By the way, Jeffrey also revealed another fun fact: "Did you know that Al Gore is listed by the Tennessee Environmental Protection Agency as the No. 1 polluter in the state of Tennessee? He, on his property, receives royalties of about $100,000 a year from a tin mine on his property which is cited by the Tennessee Environmental Protection Agency as the No. 1 polluter, putting tremendous toxic poisons into the water and streams of Tennessee."
Interesting. And the 1,200 limos and 140 private planes for the Copenhagen Conference (and two weeks of nothing but hot air) will do even more damage to the environment.
As information comes out from the e-mails leaked from various climate scientists, it is becoming obvious that they were literally "cooking the data" to push their theories of global warming. Internal e-mails exposed an attempted "trick" that would "hide the decline" of global temperatures and instructions to delete contrary data.
They should all be thoroughly investigated, but most of the media are doing little if anything to cover it.
Update: So far the ice has melted by half, and still no overflow.
Now, carbon dioxide, CO2, is being named as a "pollutant." Presumably, we will be taxed not only for driving to work and heating our homes, but for breathing, as well. But why wait for the Senate to pass a "control and tax" bill? Now, as Glenn Beck reports, the EPA and Cass Sunstein, the (regulatory czar) are stepping in to regulate CO2 – without congressional approval.
Meanwhile, the ice in my science experiment is nearly melted, and still no water overflow! Stay tuned, I'll reveal the results at the end of this column (provided my keyboard doesn't get flooded).
In an October speech in Minnesota, British Lord Christopher Monckton said that "unless you stop it, your president will sign your freedom, your democracy and your prosperity away forever."
My friend Jerry Newcombe interviewed Lord Monckton on last Thursday and Friday's "Truths that Transform" where he said three key points I'll summarize for you:
- People are already starving to death in Third World nations because of the scare about global warming. Not any global warming itself, but the scare about it. Many saw the price of food double recently, making it unaffordable to the poorest of the poor. This is due in part to the fact fields and farmland in the U.S. and elsewhere have been converted from producing food to biofuels, such as ethanol. One German official has called this "a crime against humanity."
- Monckton says that to decrease world temperature by one degree Fahrenheit, we would have to stop all production and use of carbon-producing energy for a period of 200 years worldwide. We would basically have to return to the Stone Age. But, even worse, no one could even light a fire to warm the cave they are living in.
- Cows release more CO2 into the atmosphere than all the factories, vehicles, etc. (all human activity) worldwide.
After you've called Obama and your U.S. senators, the most effective way to stop this could be through calling on U.S. companies to withdraw their support from Copenhagen, including Coca-Cola, Google, Time Warner, Yahoo and the Wall Street Journal – I think I may cancel my subscription.
And the results are in! All of the ice has melted in my glass and there was not a massive spill-over! Maybe Al Gore's coastal property isn't such a bad buy, after all. But the Copenhagen Climate Con is. E-mails, facts and science add up to an inconvenient truth for the Copenhagen Climate Conference and the global governance that comes with it.
Obviously, this experiment only relates to ice that is floating in the water. As some physics experts correctly point out, if any icecaps on land melt, such as on Greenland and Antarctica, there would be an increase in sea levels.
However, while we hear much about places where glaciers are contracting, we hear little if anything about the many places where they are expanding.
Here's a list of glaciers and icecaps that are expanding.
The Heartland Institute has a number of articles about both Greenland and Antarctica that present a much different picture from what the media commonly present.
All we have to do now is put our Faith2Action :
- Call the White House at 202-456-1414 and your two senators at 202-224-3121 and state your opposition to the Copenhagen treaty.
- A number of companies and organizations consider themselves to be "Friends of Hopenhagen." They need to be urged to withdraw their support. Here are phone numbers for some of the larger ones:
Clear Channel 210-822-2828
Getty Images 312-344-4500
Major League Baseball 866-800-1275
Time Warner 212-484-8000
Wall Street Journal 212-416-2000
Yahoo Inc. 408-349-3300
- Add your name to an online national petition against the treaty.
- Let others know through conversations, phone calls, and letters to the editor of the dangers to our sovereignty and economy.
- Pray that God will show our leaders, including President Obama, that this treaty should be firmly rejected.