(Editor’s note: This is Part 3 of a three-part series by Chuck Norris on why American voters should not re-elect President Obama. Read Part 1 here. Read Part 2 here.)
In 2010, President Obama confessed to ABC News’ Diane Sawyer, “I’d rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president.” But what if Obama’s one-term weren’t good, but bad, for the country?
In Part 1 and Part 2, I gave the first eight reasons in my Top 10 reasons not to re-elect President Obama. Though I would encourage readers to read the details in each of those points, here they are in summary:
10) Obama’s economic actions have failed to lower the unemployment rate in the U.S. below 8 percent for last 42 record months
9) The Obama administration’s out-of-control spending has led America to the economic brink and destroyed our country’s credit rating
8) Obama’s reckless spending and fiscal policies have added more to the national debt than most U.S. presidents combined: Roughly $6 trillion in his first term in office (making the total debt nearly $16 trillion, and by White House projections alone, $21.3 trillion by the end of fiscal 2017, $25 trillion in 2021 and $25.9 trillion in 2022).
7) Obama has not only detrimentally increased the costs of entitlements but also the dependency of citizens upon government subsidies, rather than empowering the people’s autonomy, responsibility and freedom.
6) Obama demeans private enterprise and the entrepreneurial spirit – the very heart of America – and instead believes that “only” government is our savior.
5) President Obama has left the U.S. in a weaker and more disrespected position in the global community.
4) Obama has broken or unfulfilled 324 campaign promises
3) Through his presidency, President Obama is invoking and enabling a radically progressive secular state.
Here are the last two unquestionable justifications for ousting Obama from office.
2) Obama elevates himself above the U.S. Constitution – which contains the rulebook for his presidency, and so discards and bypasses its principles and tenets.
What should be of grave concern to every American citizen is that President Obama has described the Constitution as “an imperfect document … a document that reflects some deep flaws … reflected an enormous blind spot … and that the framers had that same blind spot.”
In so doing, the president established a rationale and justification for disregarding, disavowing and disposing the Constitution from oversight and obedience in his administration and decisions, which he swore to uphold when sworn into office. To add insult to injury, Obama places himself above the Constitution and those “blind framers” who just couldn’t see the big picture as he does today. After all, he’s the constitutional scholar and the framers were just, well, the creators of the document!
Today, the Constitution tragically conforms to and serves White House’s political whims, not vice versa. It’s time we stop that constitutional chaos and return to the founding principles, limited government and taxation, and freedoms of our early republic, whether we like them or not.
1) Four more years of President Obama will not only fundamentally transform but also unravel the very fabrics of our republic as our founders or we know it.
On the eve of Obama’s first election, he promised that he would “fundamentally transform the United States of America.” He wasn’t kidding. And he’s well on his way.
Imagine what four more years of Obama-unleashed will bring – when there is no re-election to face or consequences to bear.
Imagine no more.
WND Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein has just published (released on Aug. 14) a groundbreaking exposé and borderline prophetic look into exactly what will happen in a second term with Barack Obama. As WND reported, “Fool Me Twice: Obama’s Shocking Plans for the Next Four Years Exposed” “is based on exhaustive research into Obama’s upcoming detailed presidential plans and policies, as well as the specific second-term recommendations of major ‘progressive’ groups behind Obama and the Democratic leadership – the organizations that help craft legislation and set the political and rhetorical agenda for the president and his allies.”
From crumbling down American sovereignty by giving sway to U.N rule and European socialism to clamping down on Second Amendment gun rights and passing the Freedom of Choice Act – the sweeping bill that would abolish all pro-life regulations across the nation, from parental notification laws to bans on federal funding of abortion, our republic is in deep, deep trouble with Obama at the helm for four more years, because he will complete his fundamental transformation of the United States into a completely progressive European-socialist state.
Fellow citizens, America is out of time, out of money, indebted up to her ears and our economy and unemployment rates are in the tank. We can’t afford a single day more of President Obama – especially knowing every day his administration adds $4,179,115,306 extra (on top of the existing spending and debt) every day he is in office.
The fiscal actions of Obama’s federal government are diametrically opposed to those of America’s founders and framers who adopted the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. Thomas Jefferson could have been writing to us today when he wrote in 1816 to Samuel Kercheval, roughly 40 years after the creation of the Declaration of Independence:
We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses, and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account, but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers.
The Declaration of Independence could have been speaking about President Obama when it stated, “In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.”
Chuck Norris is the star of more than 20 films and the long-running TV series "Walker, Texas Ranger." His latest book is entitled The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book." Learn more about his life and ministry at his official website, ChuckNorris.com.