You and your AFA got it done in February. Here's what we've accomplished.
February 26, 2010
I want you to know the action steps AFA has taken this month on a variety of issues. We are packing a punch with politicians and corporate executives because 2.3 million people who have signed up to receive our Action Alerts are willing to get involved.
Here are just a few of our accomplishments in February:
- We exposed excessive waste of taxpayer dollars by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has spent over $2.1 million on air travel over the last two years, treating the Air Force jets on which she flies as if they were her own personal air taxi service. Worse, $101,000 of that total was for food and alcohol consumed by her, her staff, her family members and other invited passengers while in flight.
- AFA is strongly opposing President Obama's proposal lifting the ban prohibiting open homosexuals from serving in the U.S. military.
- AFA suspended the boycott of PepsiCo after monitoring revealed it has stopped donating large amounts of money to gay activist groups.
- Issued strategic "AFA Action Alerts" on a variety of issues in numerous states – gambling in Alabama, education in Texas, pornography in Kansas, cross-dressing in Indiana, and others.
- We have encouraged friends in Texas, Kansas, and Idaho to contact their congressional delegates regarding missionaries from their states being held in a Haiti prison.
- AFA kept you informed on President Obama's continued attempts to pass unpopular and economically devastating healthcare legislation.
We need to keep growing and going. Thank you for taking action and passing our "Action Alerts" on to others. The more God-fearing, patriotic Americans we have joining our efforts, the more effective we will be.
With your support, we continue to have more influence and victories in our country and in YOUR state. Please consider making a financial donation to support our efforts. AFA is one of the few organizations being effective in the culture war.
In return for your gift of $100 or more, I want to send you a gift - The Why Israel? 8-segment DVD Set. The Why Israel? Series examines Old Testament prophecies in the light of New Testament teaching, particularly Jesus' words about the end of the age and the signs in the world which would signal His return.
Tim Wildmon, President
American Family Association