Tell Gov. Jerry Brown to VETO SB 48
AFA joins our friends at SaveCalifornia.com in asking you to take action today!
July 13, 2011
State lawmakers have approved SB 48. The measure would mandate the state's public schools to teach on the accomplishments of lesbian, "gay," bisexual and transgender (LGBT) figures, and it will force teachers to present those individuals in a positive light. With lawmakers' approval, the bill is now on the desk of Governor Brown, who has this week to sign or veto it.
If Governor Brown signs SB 48:
1. Textbooks and instructional materials must positively promote "lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans" as "role" models.
2. Children as young as 6 years old will be taught to admire homosexuality, same-sex "marriages," bisexuality, and transsexuality (cross-dressing and "sex change" operations).
3. Children will be taught to support the political activism of "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning" (LGBTIQ) political groups, as the bill requires "particular emphasis on portraying the role of these groups in contemporary society."
4. Teachers will be made to positively portray homosexuality, same-sex "marriages," bisexuality, and transsexuality, because to be silent can bring the charge of "reflecting adversely" or "promoting a discriminatory bias."
5. School boards will be required to select textbooks and other instructional materials that positively portray "LGBT" lifestyles, because to be silent on these subjects opens them up to charges of "reflecting adversely" or "promoting a discriminatory bias."
6. Parents will not be notified, nor will they be able to exempt their children, from this new core curriculum.
Our friends at www.SaveCalifornia.com are recommending several simple steps you can take in encouraging Governor Brown to veto SB 48.
||Stop the indocrination of your child today by contacting Governor Brown today.