Air Force continues hostility toward religious liberty of airmen
Tell Congress: Investigate Air Force Secretary Michael Donley!
June 10, 2013
The Air Force and its Secretary, Michael B. Donley, have created the most hostile anti-religious environment in the history of the United States military.
Under Donley, Air Force leaders have repeatedly caved to the demands of the Military Association of Atheists & Freethinkers (MAAF). Behind MAAF leader Mikey Weinstein's malevolent demands, the Air Force can't seem to rid itself of anything religious fast enough.
The most recent evidence of this came just last month. Within one hour of hearing from Weinstein, the Air Force caved to his demand to remove an inspirational painting from a base dining hall because it included a reference to Matthew 5:9, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."
By taking his orders from Weinstein, Secretary Donley's anti-religious actions clearly demonstrate that his leadership style undermines the moral fitness our nation's Air Force.
• June 2013 - Air Force personnel received a memo, ordering them to look at news stories related to the rash of President Obama's recent scandals. Although not specifically religious, it does infringe on liberties guaranteed by the Constitution.
• May 2013 - An Air Force Base was ordered to remove a video tribute to First Sergeants because it mentioned the word "God."' You can see the video here.
• April 2012 - The Air Force removed the word "Bible" from its list of items to be provided in Air Force-approved lodging facilities. This will almost certainly result in the eventual removal of Bibles themselves from Air Base hotels or any hotel that does business with the Air Force.
• February 2012 - The Air Force removed the word "God" from the logo of its Rapid Capabilities Office after receiving a threatening letter from MAAF.
• November 2011 - The Air Force Academy dropped "Operation Christmas Child" after a single complaint from an atheist group. The Air Force apologized to the atheists and ordered chaplains to no longer use official mail to promote the charity.
Under Secretary Donley, the Air Force has become an easy target for atheists, because they know he and the Air Force will cave to their anti-religious, anti-Christian demands without a fight.
The Air Force has caved to every whim of anti-Christian zealots and Air Force Secretary Michael Donley is content to allow every vestige of religious faith to be silenced.
Secretary Donley has lost his effectiveness as a respectable military leader. As long as he serves his position, our nation's Air Force will continue to recklessly attack religious freedom. It is time for him to resign.
Urge your members of Congress to investigate Secretary Michael Donley for threatening the morals, beliefs and religious faith of those who protect our freedoms.
||Urge your members of Congress to investigate Secretary Michael Donley!