Target snubbed the AFA representative and ultimately snubbed you.
- AFA President Tim Wildmon
In April, Target publicized its corporate policy which allows men to frequent female restrooms and changing facilities. We view this policy as a danger to women and children because it provides a possible gateway for sexual predators to gain access to their victims.
Since Target announced this dangerous policy in late April over 1.3 million people have signed the #BoycottTarget pledge. This doesn’t include the millions of Americans who didn’t sign the pledge but feel the same way about Target.
Last week AFA attended the annual Target shareholder meeting on your behalf. We voiced the concerns regarding the company’s dangerous policy which allows men free access to the same facilities as little girls. To no surprise, Target snubbed the AFA representative and ultimately snubbed you.
This week we are announcing a new initiative to the #BoycottTarget pledge called Target Isn't Listening. This initiative seeks to add 50,000 potential Target shoppers to our boycott Target pledge this week, June 13-17. While we are grateful for the over a million that have pledged to boycott Target, we know there are millions more that have the same sympathy but haven't signed the pledge.
We have Target's attention but we must make them listen. Help us add 50,000 more names to the #BoycottTarget pledge this week.
- If you haven't already, sign the #BoycottTarget pledge. Make sure your family and friends also sign on.
- Share the Boycott Target information on social media and be sure to use #BoycottTarget.
- Voice your concerns on Target's Facebook page.
- Visit afa.net/target for more tools and information on the Boycott Target pledge.