we have lost sight of God and His Word.
- Melanie Jasper
I am so sad for America. Truly deep down at my core sad. There are so many people walking around today shouting praises for so called "progress" but I only see defeat. I see all these people walking around with God shaped holes in their hearts - totally void of Him. I believe with my whole heart if we sat down and took the time to listen to each person's story we wouldn't see people praising “progress.” We would see a massive amount of confused people drowning in hopelessness and despair. People who are lost and trying to find their way. People who need Jesus!
This America we live in today breeds confusion. There is absolutely no common sense anymore. Here are some examples:
- Many are “self-identifying” as someone or something they are not.
- Men are dressing like women, and women are dressing like men.
- We have people claiming emotional distress when they are made to use the appropriate restroom according to their anatomy – and to accommodate them we are changing our laws so that men can go into women's restrooms and vice versa.
- This pandemic of abortion is nothing less than legal murder.
- Criminals are now portrayed as victims and police officers as criminals.
- According to many, Christians are now bigots who spew hate speech, but the Islamic religion is seen as one of peace.
- You're considered a hate monger if you believe illegal immigrants shouldn't be allowed to reap the benefits that are not rightly theirs in the first place.
- Our welfare system, originally enacted to help those struggling while they get back on their feet, has now become a lifelong career for many. I’m only talking about the people that don't lift a finger to work but are just “playing the system.” The ones riding around in nice vehicles while talking on free phones. All the while, hardworking Americans who do go to work day after day, week after week to just barely make ends meet are the ones footing the bill for those free phones and other luxuries.
I could go on, but you get my point. It is difficult and heartbreaking to think about my children and grandchildren growing up in this increasingly confused "progressive" society.
I believe wholeheartedly that the main problem in America is we have lost sight of God and His Word. This nation was founded on God and His Word by godly men who sought the Lord for wisdom as they prayerfully crafted the Constitution. They knew that with God they would succeed but a nation without Him is destined to fail.
We Christians, the silent majority, need to rally together. We need to be bold and courageous to speak the truth and be a bright light in this very dark world. Every single person longs to be loved and accepted and everyone needs to know that there is hope in Jesus. He wants to fill the God shaped hole in every heart. He is the answer to every problem and every hurt and He brings peace in the midst of chaos. Let's share the love of Jesus to this lost and confused country of ours.
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land.”