We are losing the generation born between 1980 and 2000. I am speaking about the largest generation of our time - the Millennials.
- AFA President Tim Wildmon
In America we have more Christian churches, movies, and attractions than at any time in our history. And yet, Christianity is on the decline! We are losing the generation born between 1980 and 2000. I am speaking about the largest generation of our time - the Millennials.
These are our future leaders and unless we reach out in a very strategic way, the church in America will continue to decline.
I'm deeply concerned about that generation. To use the words of Scripture from Ephesians 4:14, they are being "tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes."
That's why AFA is committed to doing all we can to convince the Millennial Generation that they still need God.
I had a long conversation with my twenty-seven year old son Wesley about how he and other Millennials on the AFA staff had already been gathering to pray regularly for their generation. Out of those prayerful concerns, AFA has birthed a new division we are calling Engage.
Because we have been entrusted with the truth of God, Christians, more than anyone, have a responsibility to know what's happening in our nation and in the world.
So here is what Wesley and a team of young AFA staffers came up with to promote Engage:
• An online magazine at engagemagazine.net.
• A weekly radio program on the American Family Radio network (185 stations).
• An annual print magazine featuring some of the website’s best articles.
• Regular social media content that challenges and encourages Millennials toward a biblical worldview.
• Engage Worldview Conference in Spring 2017. We want to take this conference on the road across America to reach thousands of young Christian people.
I hope what I've just shared with you is an encouragement that while AFA is standing for biblical values every day, part of our efforts are aimed at building up the next generation of Christians and getting them involved in the critical issues of our time.
That's why I'm asking you to do three things:
1. For a gift of $10.00 or more, we will send you five copies of our new Engage magazine.
2. Pray for five individuals who would benefit from reading the new magazine. They may even be family members.
3. Share the magazine with these individuals.
AFA exists because people like you pray for this ministry and contribute generously. There are three easy ways to make your tax-deductible gift:
• By check or credit card – Mail your contribution to: American Family Association, P.O. Drawer 2440, Tupelo, MS 38803.
• By phone (credit card) – Call 662-844-5036, option 2.
• Secure Online Donation – Click here.
Please stay onboard with me because America desperately needs a voice of biblical reason and sanity and thank you for doing whatever you can to aid this great cause.