“For best results, follow the instructions of the manufacturer.”
These are words we often find in the instruction manual that comes with an item purchased that needs to be assembled. That’s true because usually, the one who made the item or appliance knows better than others how to put it together and/or how it should function or operate properly. God, our heavenly Father, is the “manufacturer”–the Maker and Sustainer of all life and all people. He created the whole world and all the people in it. so, He knows how they were created to work best–and most fruitfully. Sometimes the statement is made “The problem with life is it doesn't come with an instruction manual!” Oh, yes it does!
The instruction manual is called the Bible. The Bible is the written Word of God which reveals His will and wisdom. God’s Word covers all of life in its counsel. Every issue, topic and matter in all of life is addressed in some way. In direct statement or principle, everything is covered. The Bible is the key to all of life. So if God’s Word is such an important key in life, believers need to make it a high priority to read, meditate on, and use the Word of God greatly in our lives. Tragically, though, too many believers fail to understand the great importance of spending time daily in God’s empowering Word.
Well, let’s consider a few reasons why every believer should decide to make it a high priority to spend time in God’s Word every single day.
- It tells you how to be genuinely saved and how to grow up in your faith. John 3:16; Psalm 119:105; Romans 12:1,2; Philippians 4:6,7;
- It gives you clear guidance and direction for much of your life. Psalm 119:105; II Timothy 3:15 – 17;
- It empowers your prayer life. Philippians 4:6,7
- It sharpens your ability to hear the Holy Spirit more clearly in your life. I Corinthians 1:5
- It ministers to your mind, body, and spirit. Proverbs 4:20-22.
- It helps you maintain your mental health (according to Dr. Paul Meier).
- It increases the anointing on every area of your life. I Cor. 1:5
- It increases your wisdom in every area of your life. Proverbs 1 – 3
- It enhances your intellect and personality. I Corinthians 1:5 (It can literally increase your I.Q.)
- It pours grace, peace, mercy and joy into your spirit, your mind and your life. II Corinthians 1:2, I Timothy 1:2, II Timothy 1:2, and Galatians 5:22.
Reading 3 chapters a day from the Word of God will bless your life. Let’s make it a high priority everyday. And parents, have your children to read two or three chapters out loud to you. It will greatly bless both them and you.