We have learned from our friends at Family Policy Alliance that Colorado state legislators have introduced a bill that would require children in local public and charter schools to learn the explicit sexual techniques of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.
Under HB 1032, not only would explicit acts be described to your children, but gender norms and gender stereotypes - like male and female - would be prohibited! If that isn't bad enough, under this bill, faith-based values would be prohibited, while LGBT values would be required.
Most concerning is:
- Schools will be given grants if they include LGBT persons in their curriculum
- It forbids the employment of "gender norms or gender stereotypes" in teaching. This includes the truth that there are two sexes, male and female, which is considered by gender activists to be a "stereotype."
- Instructors are prohibited from "explicitly or implicitly teaching or endorsing religious ideology or sectarian tenets or doctrines." This includes teaching what the Bible says about sexuality.
- The legislation would add members to the state's sex education oversight entity, including "at least 7 members who are members of groups of people who have been or might be discriminated against." This creates room for more activist involvement in state sex education.
It's time for Colorado parents to unite and tell legislators to back off of our kids and keep their ideology out of Colorado classrooms!
1. Send an email to your Colorado state legislators, urging them to vote no on the bill concerning "Comprehensive Human Sexuality Education" (HB1032).
2. Please share this widely so more Coloradans can make their voice heard!