Unless otherwise specified, all content produced by the American Family Association and published online at afa.net is the copyright registered and protected property of the American Family Association (“AFA”). All rights to that property are expressly reserved to AFA unless otherwise granted with such grant expressed clearly and specifically in writing. Any use of AFA copyright protected content that does not conform to the policies stated herein is a violation of U.S. and/or international copyright law and may be subject to criminal and/or civil prosecution.
Neither AFA content, nor any links to afa.net may be posted on any website, transmitted through any electronic delivery system (i.e. "email"), or published in any digital and/or print publication that engages in any of the following:
- Any behavior or speech, or advocacy for any behavior or speech that, in the sole opinion of the management of the American Family Association, is contrary to biblical standards of morality (Example: encouraging sex outside of marriage);
- Any display of pornography or obscenity; racism or "racialism" including, but not limited to, race-based supremacist and/or separatist advocacy;
- Any activity that encourages or advocates the violent overthrow of the government of the United States or any political subdivision thereof; discrimination; speech designed to incite violence, or threats to cause bodily harm;
- Any activity designed to defame, abuse, stalk, harass or physically threaten any individual; including any attempt to link to, post, transmit or otherwise distribute any inappropriate or defamatory material;
- Any violation of intellectual property laws including materials protected by local, national, and/or international copyright, patent, trademark and/or trade secret;
- Any violation of an individual's right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent;
- Any fraudulent activity whatsoever, including dubious financial practices, such as pyramid schemes; the impersonation of another without their consent;
- Any activity that results in the sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software;
- Failing to respond to a request by a recipient of unsolicited mail to be removed from any mailing or direct marketing list and continuing to send unsolicited mail following such a request for removal;
- Any efforts to attempt to gain unlawful and unauthorized access to AFA computer network servers or to circumvent any of the security measures established to protect the AFA network;
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header (spoofing) or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting;
- Any effort to breach or attempt to breach the security of another Internet user or attempt to gain access to any other person's computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person;
- Any activity that threatens to disrupt the services offered by AFA through "denial of service attacks"; flooding of a network; or overloading a service or any unauthorized probes ("scanning" or "nuking") of the AFA or others' computer networks;
- Any activity that in any way threatens the security of the AFA computer network by knowingly posting, transmitting, linking to or otherwise distributing any information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, lock, mail bomb, cancelbot or other harmful, destructive or disruptive component;
- Any unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on the AFA computer network without AFA's explicit, written consent;
- Any unsolicited mass mailing activity including direct marketing; spam and chain letters for commercial or other purposes, without the consent of the intended recipients of that correspondence.
Reservation and non-waiver of rights
- AFA reserves the right to amend or alter this policy at any time.
- AFA reserves the right to take action against any individuals, companies or organizations that violate any of the prohibited activities set out herein, or engage in any illegal or unlawful activity while accessing our services, to the fullest extent of the law.
- AFA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to act against other types of abuse not listed in this document and to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed.
- AFA reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
- AFA reserves the right to suspend, revoke or cancel afa.net's services to any or all customers/users if the safety and integrity of afa.net's resources are placed at risk in continuing to provide service to the subscriber/user.
- AFA reserves the right to remove any information or materials in whole or in part, that, in AFA's sole discretion is deemed offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
- AFA does not guarantee the security of any data passing through its networks.
- AFA expressly reserves its right to enforce this AUP at any time. Any delay in AFA’s exercise of our right to take action due to a breach if its AUP shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so.
Third Party Web Pages and Sites
AFA offers access to numerous third-party web pages. By using afa.net, you thereby acknowledge that we exercise absolutely no control over such third-party content or sites. Afa.net is merely a conduit or means of access and transmission. This includes, but is not limited to, third-party content contained on or accessible through afa.net and web pages or sites displayed as search results or contained within a directory of links on afa.net. It remains your responsibility to review and evaluate any third-party content, and any and all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, such content rests with you.
Conducting Business over the Internet
AFA is not liable for any business dealings you engage in with any third parties on the Internet, including any vendors, or advertisers found on, or through, AFA.net. Further, AFA assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any charges you or any person acting on your behalf incur when making purchases or other transactions in this manner. Further, the responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, including payment of applicable taxes and/or user fees in connection with any such transactions shall be the customer's.