As you know, 2016 is a presidential election year. Every four years we say this is the most important election we have had since whenever and I’m sure we believe it every time. So at the risk of sounding cliché, I will say this: In terms of getting our out-of-control federal government under control again, we will find out if enough Americans understand (or care about) this in November. It may very well be the most critical presidential election in our country’s history.
I’m convinced that the far left secular “progressives” are driven to “fundamentally transform” our country away from both our Constitution and our Judeo-Christian moral value system. While this movement gets things done on a worldly and tangible level, I believe the underlying reason why it exists is basically spiritual. I believe Satan himself is trying to bring down America.
The expression “fundamentally transform” was used by Barack Obama when he was running for president in 2008. I don’t think most Americans understood what he meant by that, but he clearly had an agenda in mind. Here are five things this president has done to further his transformative agenda:
1. He has been the most pro-abortion president in history by far. This man is absolutely callous and stone-hearted on the matter of killing unborn babies in their mother’s womb. This is in direct opposition to God’s moral law.
2. He pushed for homosexual “marriage,” and the Supreme Court obliged when it changed the definition of marriage from one man and one woman to include two men. He also advocates for this lifestyle every chance he gets. This is in direct opposition to God’s moral law.
3. He has overseen an increase in our country’s debt from $10 trillion to nearly $20 trillion. This has put us on a road to economic ruin from which we may never recover. This is in direct opposition to God’s financial principles.
4. He promotes and defends Islam at every opportunity. Now 30% of Americans believe him to be a secret Muslim. Islam is in direct opposition to what the Bible teaches about who God is.
5. He is in constant conflict with Israel, our closest ally in the tumultuous Middle East, ignoring her plea for the U.S. not to sign a nuclear arms agreement with Iran who has sworn to wipe her off the face of the Earth. I’m not an “Israel right or wrong” person, but it is a special place and a special people in the eyes of God, and it is in America’s best interest to stand with Israel.
This brings me back to the importance of the 2016 presidential race. It is my hope and prayer that we elect a godly president who fully appreciates our history and our Constitution, a president who will promote the Judeo-Christian value system again. This would make a huge difference in shaping the future for our children and grandchildren. I want to see a solidly conservative candidate who will take on the liberal candidate and be able to contrast the monumental difference between constitutional conservatism and secular progressivism.
I believe America in many ways is like a very sick person who is about to die if proper medicine and treatment are not quickly administered. The medicine: a Christian revival that brings millions of people to Jesus Christ. The treatment: for Christians to stand against evil and for righteousness in government and other places in the name of the Lord.
Someone once said that, as believers, it is our job to pray as if everything depends on God and work as if everything depends on us. That may not be exactly theologically correct, but you get the idea. God reigns, but He gives us responsibility to do what we can as His agents of change.
The time to elect the right person to challenge the secular liberals in November is now, during the primary season. Pray that God will raise up someone who understands that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Pray that we would be transformed back into a nation that honors God.