We have to act now!
Liberals and homosexual activists are advancing their radical agenda by attempting to torpedo President Donald Trump's executive order on religious liberty that was recently leaked to the media. This is an excellent executive order that will protect your First Amendment rights.
I urge you to sign the AFA petition NOW asking President Trump to protect religious freedom for all Americans. I plan to personally deliver this petition with signatures during a meeting with the Trump Administration. Help me take your voice to the White House!
This is urgent! After the executive order was leaked, radical activists demanded that the White House keep in place the policy implemented by President Obama’s executive order. The Obama policy bans federal contractors from funding if they refuse to change their non-discrimination policies to include homosexuals and “transgender” persons.
If Christians remain silent and do not let President Trump know they stand with him on religious liberty, then the only voices he will hear are those of radical homosexual activists.
Why should we stand with President Trump and sign the petition? First, the executive order that was leaked represents excellent public policy that would accomplish several good things. (See list below.) Second, President Trump campaigned on the promise to protect and preserve our religious liberty, which was undermined by the Obama Administration. Third, Mr. Trump has given strong indications he will keep his word by having already signed an executive order banning federal funding of Planned Parenthood International and nominated a conservative, constitutional judge to the Supreme Court.
If President Trump signs this executive order, then it will be a clear indication that he was sincere when he said at the National Prayer Breakfast, "my administration will do everything in its power to defend and protect religious liberty."
The religious freedom executive order under consideration by the Trump Administration:
- Protects Christian colleges and universities, which maintain biblical views on sexuality, marriage, and gender, from losing federal funds.
- Follows the long standing Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) that states religious exercise "includes all aspects of religious observance and practice."
- Instructs all federal agencies, "to the greatest extent practicable and permitted by law," to reasonably accommodate the religion of federal employees, as required by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
- Instructs the Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and the Treasury to grant relief to the Little Sisters of the Poor and others that are not exempt from the Obamacare contraception mandate.
- Instructs the Department of Health and Human Services to ensure the federal government does not discriminate against the religious beliefs of child-welfare providers such as foster care and adoption services.
- Instructs all federal agencies to provide protections and exemptions consistent with the Civil Rights Act and Americans with Disabilities Act to religious organizations that either contract with or receive grants from the federal government.
- Instructs the U.S. Treasury not to revoke the non-profit tax status because a religious organization's ordinary religious speech deals with politics, or because they speak or act on the belief that marriage is the union of husband and wife, that sex is based on immutable biology, or that life begins at conception.
The President has the legal authority to instruct agencies of the federal government to respect the First Amendment rights of all Americans.