President Donald Trump begins the New Year with many pro-life accomplishments. During the U.S. Presidential campaign, then-candidate Donald Trump made several commitments in a letter to the pro-life community.
President Trump committed to:
- Nominate pro-life justices to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Sign into law the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, which would end painful late-term abortions nationwide.
- Defund Planned Parenthood as long as they continue to perform abortions and reallocating their funding to community health centers that provide comprehensive health care for women.
- Make the Hyde Amendment permanent law to protect taxpayers from having to pay for abortions.
In 2017, President Trump clearly demonstrated a commitment to keep his pro-life promises.
President Trump has:
- Appointed pro-life judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Reinstated the Mexico City Policy to end tax dollars paying for overseas abortions.
- Defunded the United Nations Population Fund (UNPFA) that is complicit with China's abortion policy.
- Signed a resolution (H.J. Res 43) under the Congressional Review Act to give states the ability to ban Title X funding to Planned Parenthood.
- Officially reversed the Obama administration's HHS contraceptive mandate for employers with religious and moral objections. President Trump's reversal is being challenged by Pennsylvania and California District Court judges.
I encourage you to pray for President Trump to remain committed to fighting for the sanctity of human life.