Recently, we sent out an AFA Action Alert, asking concerned and patriotic Americans to contact President Donald Trump, their representative, and senators and urge them to take the necessary steps to declassify and publicly release a four-page FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) memo to the American public.
High ranking government officials reported that a classified, four-page memo, dubbed the "FISA memo," had been made available to every member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
The memo highlights extensive, abusive, and likely illegal surveillance of private American citizens by federal government agencies. The classified memo contains details of a coordinated effort between government agencies, including the DOJ and FBI, and the Hillary Clinton political campaign against President Donald Trump, both prior to and following the presidential election.
Your actions helped get the controversial four-page FISA memo written by the majority staff of the House Intelligence Committee to be released by President Trump.
Below are some excerpts:
- Anti-Trump dossier was used to obtain a warrant from the FISA court to conduct surveillance on Carter Page, an advisor to the Trump presidential campaign
- FISA application for Carter Page cited a Yahoo News article about Trump's 2016 visit to Russia as evidence. The story's information came from Christopher Steele and his dossier.
- British spy Christopher Steele, a longtime FBI source, was paid more than $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign to obtain derogatory information about Donald Trump.
- Senior DOJ and FBI officials were aware of the DNC funding behind the dossier but never disclosed that information to the FISA court
- FBI and Fusion GPS used 'circular reporting' in the case to give the dossier credibility
- FBI and DOJ would not have secured surveillance warrant without the dossier research
- Christopher Steele admitted to a former DOJ official that he had strong feelings against then-candidate Donald Trump
- Bruce Ohr, associate deputy attorney general, provided the FBI with Trump opposition research that came from Ohr's wife, who was employed by Fusion GPS. The research was funded by the DNC and the Clinton campaign
Christians hold dear America's fundamental liberties, such as the freedom of religious expression. This freedom allows us to advance the gospel without fear of government intrusion. However, this liberty is only secure when our government officials maintain fidelity to the rule of law enshrined in the United States Constitution.
Thank you for taking time to contact your elected officials. Americans deserve to know to what extent U.S. agencies and elected officials have abused their power and illegally and unjustly conducted surveillance on its own citizens.