Family-friendly movies march like a Christmas parade through the UPtv schedule. UPtv is a pro-family network founded in 2004 as a Christian music network. A few years later, it had transitioned to UPtv with the focused vision of providing decent television series and movies for families
In a prior interview, network founder Charley Humbard told AFA Journal, “After 9/11, I said to my wife that I wanted to do something in the media business that reflected good Christian values and was an alternative to the many things that are on now.”
Humbard, son of early televangelist Rex Humbard, had earlier worked in the industry for Turner Broadcasting System and Discovery, so he had many of the important elements to launch a new network – experience, insight, heart, creativity, and motivation.
“Some networks claim to be family-friendly,” Humbard continued, “but when you actually sit down to watch them, they are anything but!” He wanted to be the “real deal,” to illustrate and reaffirm authentic conservative and Christian-based values.
The network website, uptv.com, highlights an exhaustive list of Christmas movies that began airing in early November. A daily schedule gives times of airing and brief summaries of each movie’s storyline.
Also, if you are interested in exploring recommended movies for the season then visit www.movieguide.org or www.dove.org. MovieGuide’s mission is to redeem the values of the entertainment industry, according to biblical principles, by influencing industry executives and artists. Dove Foundation’s mission is to encourage and promote the creation, production, distribution, and consumption of wholesome family entertainment. Dove says their reviews are based on Christian values.
While many of UPtv’s movies are simply fun and fanciful celebrations of the season – not necessarily portraying the gospel – they offer an extensive library of stories suitable for a Christmas family movie night … or two … or three … or more.
UPtv’s Seven Premiere Christmas Movies Include:
- The Christmas Switch with Ashley Wood and John Patrick Jordan. Two moms somehow switch into each other’s life to learn lessons appropriate for Christmas. See here.
- Chandler Christmas Getaway with Malinda Williams and Victoria Rowell. Favorite Christmas memories are shared by Greg Alan and Malinda Williams and Nadja Bailey. See here.
- Christmas on the Coast with Bonnie Bedelia and Burgess Jenkins. A romance novelist seeks inspiration at home on the coast as she encounters a widower. See here.
- Christmas Catch with Emily Alatalo and Yanic Truesdale. When a police officer falls for the prime suspect in a heist, will she arrest him…or just his heart? (per UPtv’s promo). See here.
- Christmas with a Prince with Nick Hounslow and Charles Shaughnessy. A spoiled prince interrupts the floor of a pediatric specialist to secretly heal after breaking his leg. Will she be able to turn this royal pain into a knight in shining armor? See here.
- Christmas on Holly Lane with Sarah Lancaster and Karen Holness. Three life-long friends reunite at Sarah’s childhood home hoping to rediscover Christmas. See here.
- HometownHoliday with Sarah Troyer and Bradley Hamilton. A high-powered music executive has a chance encounter while on business which turns into a year of mistaken identities, misunderstandings, and masquerades. Will a whole lot of love during the Christmas season finally bring them together? See here.
And guess what? In the days following Christmas, UPtv offers Courageous and other popular Kendrick Brothers films.
Learn how to access UPtv online or on various cable and satellite providers at uptv.com.
Editor’s Note: Please research your viewing choices at places like www.movieguide.org or www.dove.org. AFA encourages those who are unaware to join our petition for Netflix to pull a show which may affect your children in many unhealthy ways. Visit here to learn more and please sign the petition for your children and others' too.