Ed Vitagliano, Tim Wildmon, and Abraham Hamilton III talk about continued pressure to get President Donald Trump out at any cost, including impeachment, and how it may backfire despite their desire to light a fire under the Democratic base.
Watch the video below to discover:
- What it means to impeach a president and why both the House and Senate are involved.
- What part has to first occur in the House of Representatives where only a simple majority is required.
- What part would occur in the Senate and the high threshold required to actually impeach a president.
- How the term “high crimes and misdemeanors ” fits into this process.
- The politics of why the Democrats would waste the House’s time even though they know it would probably fail the 2/3rds Senate supermajority required to actually impeach.
- Why this is a gamble for the Democrats to continue down this path despite Nancy Pelosi's initial attempts to discourage the impeachment.