I admit that I don’t understand the “progressive” mind.
When public libraries – in the name of tolerance and diversity – invite transvestite “drag queens” to read to a group of children – I am NOT sympathetic.
Even as I write this, I feel my anger rising.
THESE ARE CHILDREN!
I wish this insanity represented isolated events, but it does not. First Things, a respected publication, reports that Drag Queen Story Hours are a "global phenomenon" with more than 35 chapters in the U.S. alone and that the events often draw hundreds of participants.
The New York Times defended these abominations as "nice public event[s]." Slate magazine called them mere exhibitions of "free speech and association."
Christians, we are in a war with evil. It is important we remain faithful and defend the truths of Scripture.
Let there be no doubt that the intent of these far-left extremists is pure evil. Consider these recent attempts to radicalize our children and grandchildren:
- Arthur (PBS) – In May, the beloved animated children's series revealed that one of its longtime main characters and Arthur's teacher, Mr. Ratburn, is "gay" and getting married.
- Cartoon Network – For LGBTQ Pride Month in June, the popular children's network tweeted out the message: "We want to wish everyone a HAPPY PRIDE and encourage all of our LGBTQ+ fans to stand proud all year long!"
These purveyors of evil don't care what parents and grandparents think. They are aiming for our children.
This clearly demonstrates two critical realities for America going forward:
1) Christians must be instructed about what the Bible teaches and what it means for our nation’s moral foundations; and
2) Christians must be salt and light – including being active in culture and politics.
How do we go forward in that vision?
First, we must recognize that ideas have consequences. In other words, a nation impacted by Christianity is going to look much different than one dominated by a Marxist, Muslim, or other worldviews.
Then, we must learn to defend and articulate the truth of a Christian worldview in contrast to the myriad of other belief systems in the world.
To that end, AFA is committed to providing helpful resources like the video presentation called Worldviews: Behaviors, Beliefs, and Values. The presentation features author, speaker, and radio host Alex McFarland.
In this DVD presentation, you'll learn about:
- Competing belief systems
- Arguments against the Christian worldview
- The tools needed to defend the Christian worldview
I will send you this crucial resource with your generous donation to help us continue our calling.
At AFA, we face God's enemies with the full knowledge that the battle is His. And yet, it is our privilege and duty to "go down against" the forces aligned against Him.
And for that, AFA needs your financial and prayer support more than ever. Thank you for those.