In America, we have more churches, more Christian movies, and more Christian attractions than any time in history. Yet the Christian worldview among Millennials is on the decline! We are losing the generation born between 1980 and 2000. I am speaking about the largest generation of our time - the Millennials.
These are our future leaders. And I believe that unless we reach out in a very strategic way, the Christian worldview among the Millennials will continue to be silenced.
I'm deeply concerned. To use the words of Scripture from Ephesians 4:14, they are being "tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes."
That's why AFA is committed to doing all we can to convince the Millennial generation that God’s Word and God Himself are sufficient for every aspect of life.
Three years ago my father and I had a long conversation about how Millennials on the AFA staff had already been gathering to pray regularly for our generation. Out of those prayerful concerns, AFA birthed a new division called Engage.
Engage exists to provide perspective on culture through the eyes of a biblical worldview, specifically geared toward the Millennial generation, showing how that worldview intersects with culture and engages it.
Since the launch of Engage in August 2015 the young platform has challenged and encouraged Millennials toward a biblical worldview with:
- Fresh weekly content at engagemagazine.net.
- A weekly radio program on the American Family Radio network (185 stations).
- Their signature orange letter campaign giving you a tangible way to encourage the persecuted church around the world.
- An annual print magazine featuring some of the website’s best articles.
- Regular social media content including its newest addition, Engage YouTube
I hope what I've just shared with you is an encouragement that while AFA is standing for biblical values every day, part of our efforts are aimed at disciplining the next generation of Christians to think biblically while engaging in the critical issues of our time.
That's why I'm asking you to do three things:
- For a gift of $10.00 or more, we will send you five copies of the 2018 Engage Annual.
- Pray for five individuals who would benefit from reading the new magazine. They may be your kids, your grandkids, students at your church or anyone who God brings to your thoughts.
- Share the magazine with these individuals.