Share your family traditions and take the challenge
In June of this year, AFA launched the special initiative called "By Design." By Design's dual mission is to educate and encourage people to embrace God's design for marriage and family as the fundamental building block for all of human civilization and to celebrate the union of one man and one woman as the objective institution that produces human flourishing.
Since August, By Design has launched monthly challenges to encourage married couples and their families to grow closer together and to prosper in their walk with Christ.
For the month of November, By Design is asking the entire household to participate in the "Thankful for Family Challenge."
To spark ideas for this challenge, a few AFA staff members shared their family traditions below:
- Write what you are thankful for on a white tablecloth; add to it and reuse it year after year.
- Ride to a local tree farm after Thanksgiving and pick out the family Christmas tree.
- Cook the Thanksgiving meal together as a family.
- Reminisce through family photo albums.
- Play football and/or board games.
- Go around the table and share a Scripture verse that has been important to you this year.
These are just a few ideas that the family can do together. We would love to know your tradition as a family by sharing a comment or photo on our By Design Facebook page with the hashtag #ThankfulforFamily.
To learn more about AFA's By Design project, including videos and articles designed to strengthen marriage, visit www.afa.net/bydesign.