Learn This Lesson, Shoppers—Target Is Unsafe for Back-to-School Shopping
TUPELO, Miss.—As the back-to-school shopping season nears, the American Family Association (AFA, www.afa.net) is urging families to avoid visiting Target stores—and to warn their friends to do the same.
Because of Target’s dangerous and misguided restroom and fitting room policy that allows men to enter women’s areas—no questions asked—AFA has embarked on the 1.5 million-strong and highly successful #BoycottTarget initiative and presses on in reminding shoppers not to spend their money at Target—neither in-store nor online.
“Target is still presenting risk and danger to women and children,” said AFA President Tim Wildmon. “But since the start of the #BoycottTarget initiative, concerned families and shoppers are making an unprecedented financial impact on a corporation whose policy is to allow men to use women’s restrooms and dressing rooms. Target’s decision is unacceptable for families, and this policy continues to put women and children in harm’s way. We must keep the pressure on Target by avoiding stores during back-to-school shopping and educate Target to the fact that its bathroom policy earns a failing grade.”
The frightening incidents continue, including one this summer at a Detroit-area Target store where a voyeur was caught taking pictures of two sisters in a Target changing room.
“As AFA has stated many times,” Wildmon added, “our worries do not stem from fear of the transgender community, but rather, from both the real and potential threat that predators and voyeurs would take advantage of the Target bathroom policy to harm women and children—and there are plenty of incidents to show that they have.”
- READ—See the newest Action Alert about avoiding back-to-school shopping at Target.
- SIGN—If you haven’t already, sign the #BoycottTarget pledge here. If you have signed, keep the commitment not to shop at Target stores or online.
- SHARE—Ask family, friends and church members to sign the pledge. One effective strategy is to voice concerns politely but firmly on Target’s Facebook page and other social media sites using #BoycottTarget.
- CALL—Phone Target headquarters at 612-304-6073 and personally let them know you are boycotting their stores.
- VISIT—Go to www.afa.net/Target to keep up with news and to read some of the frightening incidents that have occurred at Target.
American Family Association is available to do immediate breaking news interviews via its LTN line at AFA studio headquarters. Contact Media@HamiltonStratetgies.com for more information or call 610.584.1096, ext. 102.
To interview a representative from American Family Association, contact Deborah Hamilton, Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, 610.584.1096, ext. 102, or Emily Brunner, ext. 100